Thursday, August 12, 2010

Puzzling

Wow - I didn't realize how much I love puzzles! I raced through "The Potato Chip Puzzles" by Eric Berlin and found it thoroughly entertaining. I even had paper and pencil with me to try most of the puzzles and still have some I can go back to in my spare time.

A contest about solving puzzles with the prize of $50,000 for the winning school sounds a bit much but Winston Breen (who is a puzzle expert), his pals and their competitive teacher sponsor as well as inventive puzzles and situations are a perfect combination to keep you hooked. When Winston realizes there is a cheater who is trying to sabotage all the teams the big puzzle is who!

This is the second puzzle book with "The Puzzling World of Winston Breen" being the first and I think they both would make great read-alouds for teachers (with time outs for the puzzles of course).

What are you reading today?

1 comment:

Alice33 said...

This one is really good! The puzzle were great and the story was exciting!

-Carmen