Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mockingjay


This final chapter of The Hunger Games is finished. It is gritty, dark, violent and brilliant. In "Mockingjay", by Suzanne Collins, Katniss has been rescued from The Capitol but at horrific costs: District Twelve - bombed , friends and neighbours - killed, Peeta - captured. With the revolution against The Capitol underway and with Katniss as its symbol of rebellion and strength, violence seems the only way to win. Heartbreaking in what she looses, Katniss fights to the very bitter end. Happy ending? You decide.

What are you reading today?

2 comments:

JelliBeani said...

MOCKINGJAY! I was finally able to get my grubby hands on this book. YAY!
I found this book... a bit repetitive. I didn't like it as much as the others, but my friend Julia loved the whole series.
My English (CHALLENGE) class is reading the Time Machine. It's good, but a bit confusing. I went to Oakridge Library today and hauled - literally hauled- home a HUGE pile of books, including "Better Than Blondes" and "Me and the Blondes" by Teresa Toten, "The Summoning," by Kelley Armstrong, and "The Sorceress" by Michael Scott. Have you read the "Skinned" series? It's really good. My friend Alice is reading the third... or was it fourth book of the series. Also, there's the City of Ashes series. They have a prequel now! It's called Clockwork Angel. I was reading it with Alice for silent reading. :D

Alice33 said...

Oh, I love MockingJay! The Hunger Games triology but MockingJay really had me in tears. I was crying when I heard Peeta was hijacked!(Long story there)Anyways, I though it was a great finish to the story of Katniss, although it was a bit more violent than I liked.