Thursday, August 27, 2009

Humphrey Again!

I love reading stories about Humphrey the hamster by Betty G. Birney. My first love was the "World According to Humphrey" where Humphrey was bought by Ms Mac from Pet-O-Rama and brought to Room 26 as a class pet because .... well .... you can learn alot about about yourself when you take care of another. Humphrey is no ordinary hamster. He can read, write and loves to help his classmates, teachers and even Mr. Morales the Principal solve their problems. I am sure you are wondering how Humphrey can help but believe me he is very good at it as he is very observant and very creative. In this latest Humphrey book called "Adventure According to Humphrey" not only does Humphrey help others but he also achieves his biggest dream - to have a real adventure. However this adventure could have disastrous results for Humphrey and you will have to read it to see how it all manages to end happily. Be sure to also read "Friendship According to Humphrey", "Trouble According to Humphrey" and "Surprises According to Humphrey". You will love them all!

What are you reading today?

2 comments:

JelliBeani said...

I read the first Humphrey story!!!
I read it because I have 2 hamsters of my own. Now I want to teach them how to shoot rubber bands!!!!

JelliBelliMeloni said...

Me too! I read the book, then I decided to get a hamster like Humphrey, but I named it Rhino instead. Now, he's in the wheel above. *Sniff* I have another hamster, and she's just like Humphrey! Now to make her shoot rubber bands.....