Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Good Read

I was a little skeptical when I began to read "Ruined" by Paula Morris. It is about a girl, Rebecca, who has been sent to stay with friends of her father in New Orleans for a few months and sees a ghost of a young girl in the graveyard across the street from where she is staying. A new school, not fitting in, mean girls, it felt a bit predictable. But the more I read the more I got hooked and just had to finish it in the wee hours of the night. A forbidden romance with a handsome boy from one of the town's oldest and richest families, a curse placed on a house 150 years ago and a murder all come into play. Probably will best appeal to girls in Grades 6 & 7.

What are you reading today?

3 comments:

Hamtaro said...

that sounds like a good book! I wan to read it!

JelliBeani said...

I want to read it too!!
I agree with Shanna! it seems like an awesome book!!!!!1!!

JelliBeani said...

i already read it
it was awesomeeee