Wednesday, May 19, 2010

After "The Thief"



After I re read "The Thief" by Megan Whalen Turner I had to re read "The Queen of Attolia" and "The King of Attolia". I purchased new copies so the covers look up to date! Well, I still like them as much as I remembered but I think for the very good reader. In the second book Gen heads back to Attolia where he is caught by its Queen and she cannot let this thief get the better of her! The worst punishment for a thief is not death but the cutting off of his right hand. He is sent back to Eddis where it takes him a long time to come to terms with his disability. However, he finally regains his strength and his determination to help his Queen of Eddis in the politics of war with its neighbouring countries. Gen has a very fascinating plan and, while things do not go smoothly, I think you will love the ending. And of course "The King of Attolia" follows and this is also one not to miss. Things are always not as they seem and you have to see through this to see what is really happening. Sounds confusing? I love it!

What are you reading today?

No comments: