Saturday, July 2, 2022

Summer Reading 2022

It has been years since I have written about all the books I have been reading. However, I am still reading  as many books as I can so I can recommend them to the right students. Each student has diverse tastes and likes in books and it can be a challenge! But many of our students are savvy and curious and I am finding their interests are being showcased in the kinds of books being written today. They are more reflective of life around us. They are very real and show situations and events that some students need to read about as it is their lives in these stories that they have never seen before. For others, these are about things that they never knew existed and it is a learning experience for them and, hopefully, builds empathy. Either way I am finding our students are reading more than ever! 



No comments: