Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Wild Robot

What a wonderful story, perfect to read aloud to students in Grades 2 and 3 as I am doing now! You see this story is about an engaging character, a robot named Roz, who has been washed up on a deserted island. Only this island is not quite deserted. It is inhabited by all sorts of wonderful animals who, at first, run in fear from this monster. However Roz is such a gentle soul wanting to make a life for herself and not quite understanding how. But her questioning and compassionate nature allows change to happen and soon she is a mother, a friend and a hero.
The fun of reading this book aloud is of course impersonating  Roz in my best robot voice. And when you meet Brightbill, my voice is high and chirpy. And Chitchat, a mile a minute! We are half way through but I have given some predicting hints to my class by reading the titles of the chapters! Danger ahead.

No comments: